IAWM is a strong network of museums worldwide, who meet every four years to exchange ideas, connect with one another, and support our collective efforts to tell women’s stories. Working collaboratively, IAWM aims:
- To promote culture, arts, education and training from a gender perspective;
- To foster exchange, networking, mutual support and global cooperation among Women’s Museums;
- To conduct research and the development of projects, exhibitions, new initiatives, community activities, seminars and conferences;
- To promote and strengthen the acceptance of Women’s and Gender Museums worldwide;
- To achieve international recognition in the world of museums; and
- To advocate for women’s rights and a gender democratic society.
Click the buttons below to learn more about us.
Support Our Work
IAWM is funded by membership dues and donations from supporters like you. Please consider making a gift in support of our goals by clicking the button below.