Everyone interested is invited to learn more about IAWM at our upcoming webinar.
‘Welcome Webinar for members – old, new and future members of IAWM’ will be held at 10am (local time CST) on Thursday 31st March 2022, hosted at the Mexican Women Museum/ Museo de la Mujer.
Join us virtually from wherever you are in the world! We already have participants attending from Mexico, Norway, Germany, Albania, Scotland, Ireland, South Korea, Chile, Senegal, and Canada.
The meeting takes place at 5 p.m. Dublin/London and 6 p.m. Paris/Rome. Check the time in your local time zone here.
The purpose of this meeting is the mutual exchange of ideas, wishes, possible new projects, collaborations. Our aim is to provide information about how the network can support you, promote possible partnerships & closer relationships, and give us a chance to get to know each other.
See below for the full program or click here for a printable version. All participants will get the possibility to make a 3-minute presentation of their own work, museum etc.
IAWM is grateful to the Mexican Women’s Museum for hosting this digital workshop. We congratulate them on the opening of their new museum. We also thank the Irish Embassy, Mexico for sponsoring the translation.
Digital Meeting for newcomers and all who are interested in IAWM
Date: March 31st ꞁ 10 a.m. Mexico City ꞁ 4 p.m. GMT (NB! Summertime means 5 p.m. Dublin/London and 6 p.m. Paris/Rome)
Duration: 2 hours
Register by email: email@example.com
While we wait for the event to start, we show parts of our new film “Women’s and Gender Museums: Animating the blank Pages of History” about IAWM museums worldwide
10:00 (Mexico City) ꞁ 18:00 (Paris):
● Welcome by Chairwoman Mona Holm/Vice-Chairwoman Gaby Franger/Glenda Hecksher from the hosting museum Women’s Museum in Mexico City
● Sinéad McCoole introduces the current board of IAWM
● “A brief History of IAWM” by Mona Holm/Gaby Franger
● Welcome webinar: Presentation from each participant (up to 3 minutes each)
11:00 (Mexico City) ꞁ 19:00 (Paris):
● Women’s Museum in Senegal by Marie-Pierre Mbaye-Myrick. New plans, call for advice etc.
● Breakout rooms discussing the possibilities and challenges for the Senegal museum and/or other women’s museums and initiatives (one from the board in each breakout room)
● Presenting the results from the breakout rooms Session 1
11:30 (Mexico City) ꞁ 19:30 (Paris):
● Welcoming new members and new ideas. Presentation by Urška Repar from Slovenia.
● Breakout rooms discussions (one from the board in each breakout room)
● Sum up New Members session.
- Final words
12:00 (Mexico City) ꞁ 20:00 (Paris): Goodbye!