Global Fund for Women updated the Call for Applications for the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council:
We have noticed a general interest from girls around the world to join the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council! Although the call was initially limited to the Caribbean, Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa (Francophone and Portuguese-Speaking countries), as a program we have decided to open the call to other regions in the Global South and Global East. We are now accepting applications from 10-17-year-old girls from the following regions: Asia Pacific, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
As such, changes have been made to the initial call for applications. The submission deadline has been extended to November 25, 2019.
The girl advisors will play a critical role in helping us shape our adolescent girls’ rights strategy and we look forward to piloting a participatory grantmaking model where the girls will meaningfully participate in decision-making. The nine girl advisors will be instrumental in finding, funding, and amplifying girl-led groups and movements.
Here is the full Call for Applications from Global Fund for Women:
Global Fund for Women is a global feminist fund that envisions a world where every woman and girl is strong safe, powerful, and heard. No exceptions.
We are a global champion for the rights of women and girls, using grantmaking and advocacy to propel global movements for girls’ and women’s rights.
Today, Global Fund for Women wants to ensure that the needs, ideas and solutions of girls – cis, transgender and gender non-conforming – are at the center of our work and governance. We firmly believe that girls are experts of their own lives and who best to guide and shape our work than girls themselves!
The Adolescent Girl Advisory Council will play a critical role in finding, funding and amplifying girl-led groups and expanding their leadership, activism and movement building.
Global Fund for Women invites applications from our current priority regions of the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa to form the 2019 Adolescent Girls Advisory Council.
Want to join Global Fund for Women’s Adolescent Girls Advisory Council?
- From the Caribbean, the Middle East and North Africa, and Sub-Saharan Africa and 10 to 17 years old?
- A young feminist, who believes in a world where everyone should be treated equally and fairly, a world where girls’ and women’s rights matter, are respected and upheld?
- Committed and passionate about social justice?
- Ready to use your voice and take action to bring about change?
- Willing to be part of the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council for a minimum period of two (2) years?
Then Global Fund for Women wants to hear from you!
What to expect?
As a member of the Adolescent Girls Advisory Council, your voice and ideas count!
Global Fund for Women wants to listen to you and, together, give adolescent girls around the world the support they need to become leaders and change-makers.
You can expect to:
- Share your knowledge, experience and give advice on issues related to girls and the region you represent (girl and regional expertise);
- Give ideas and recommendations to the Adolescent Girls’ Rights team to help develop the program goal, key priorities, and ways to measure change (co-develop the Adolescent Girls’ Rights Program Strategy);
- Identify groups and initiatives that are led by girls and that need support (financial, technical or other) (map girl-led groups);
- Read proposals, discuss and provide suggestions for groups to fund together with Global Fund for Women staff (participate in Global Fund for Women’s grantmaking process);
- Participate in key meetings and events to ensure girls’ voices are heard (attend key convenings).
The Adolescent Girls Advisory Council will be made up of 9 girls who are an example of Global Fund for Women’s values: bold, collaborative, curious and authentic. Click here to complete the application form in English.
This is a two-round selection process.
The first round:
Applications will begin on October 2nd, 2019 and is open to girls – cis, transgender and gender non-conforming – between the ages of 10 to 17.
Last date for submitting completed applications is November 25, 2019.
In November 2019, Global Fund for Women will shortlist girls who will move on to the second round which consists of an interview panel.
The second round:
A panel composed of Global Fund for Women staff will interview the short-listed girls and select the 9 adolescent girl advisors in November 2019.
The 9 girl advisors will officially start their two-year term in December, 2019.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to complete the application form in English
Global Fund for Women webpage in English: http://bit.ly/AGAC-call-2019-EN
Google form in Spanish: http://bit.ly/AGAC-call-2019-ES
Google form in French: http://bit.ly/AGAC-call-2019-FR
Google form in Arabic: http://bit.ly/AGAC-call-2019-AR
Google form in Russian: https://bit.ly/2W7MJIe