Bulletin, April 2020
Mexican Federation of University Women, (FEMU) and Mexico City’s Women’s Museum (MCWM)
- Mexican Federation of University Women (FEMU) and Mexico City’s Women’s Museum (MCWM) participated in the march organized by different groups of activists to demand respect for women’s Human Rights, Substantive Equality and Justice. Around 100,000 people, mainly women, took part.
- On March 9, together with thousands of Mexican women, FEMU and MCWM participated in “A Day without Women”, to raise awareness of the important role we have in society.
- On March 18, the MCWM, which is one of the many museums belonging to the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM), was honored to receive Dr. Guadalupe Valencia, Coordinator of Humanities at UNAM. She was welcomed by Dr. Mirella Feingold (FEMU’s Executive President), Dr. Nadima Simón (FEMU’s Honorary Adviser), and Dr. Guadalupe López Acosta (FEMU’s Treasurer). Dr. Valencia stressed the importance of the MCWM and the relevance it has had in making visible the role of women in Mexico’s history.
- During March 2020 the MCWM received a total of 1,348 people, 912 women and 436 men, that took part in the following activities: 2 workshops, 6 lectures, 1 film exhibition at the Gender Cinema Club, and our main event the “First Feminist Conference”, which consisted in six round tables with specialists analyzing topics such as gender violence, women’s human rights, gender theory and feminisms, women in history, literature, arts and sciences.
- We regret to announce that the Mexico City’s Women’s Museum is now temporary closed due to the sanitary measures requested by our government against the coronavirus, COVID-19.
- Each month FEMU translates into Spanish and informs its associates of the activities carried out by Graduate Women International.
- FEMU has a weekly radio program entitled: “Mujeres a la Tribuna” (Women take the Stand), broadcasted nationally by the Mexican Institute of Radio (IMER), coordinated by Dr. Patricia Galeana (FEMU’s Founding President) and presented by M.A. Lourdes Enríquez. You can listen to our last radio programs at: http://mujeresatribuna.blogspot.com/
Follow our Social networks