Mexican Federation of University Women (FEMU), and Mexico City’s Women’s Museum (MMM)
- FEMU is organizing its International Seminar on “The impact of the pandemic on women’s lives” that will take place on November 17-21, 2020, virtually through the MMM’s social networks. It will be about these topics: Women in the health sector, Violence against women in confinement and different effects (health, economic, social, political, educational and cultural). There will be two sessions per day, one from 11:00 to 13:00 and the other from 18:00 to 20:00.
- During the month of July, the following activities were carried out at the Women’s Museum in Mexico City: 4 courses, 10 workshops, 4 conferences and 1 virtual concert. Our highlight event was the virtual conference “The importance of CEDAW in access to justice for women. 40 years after it was signed by Mexico”, presented by Dr. Ydalia Pérez-Fernández Ceja (FEMU) who analyzed the importance of this international instrument to make visible the inequality and violence against women and girls from the patriarchal system. She underlined the pending tasks that still remain in order to achieve compliance with the Convention in Mexico. You can watch these activities at: https://www.facebook.com/MuseodelaMujerMexico/
- The Mexico City’s Women’s Museum continues to be temporary closed due to the sanitary measures requested by our government against the coronavirus, COVID-19.
- Each month FEMU translates into Spanish and informs its associates of the activities carried out by Graduate Women International.
- FEMU has a weekly radio program entitled: “Mujeres a la Tribuna” (Women take the Stand), broadcasted nationally by the Mexican Institute of Radio (IMER), coordinated by Dr. Patricia Galeana (FEMU’s Founding President) and presented by M.A. Lourdes Enríquez. You can listen to our recent radio programs at: http://mujeresatribuna.blogspot.com/
Follow our Social networks
Women’s Museum: http://museodelamujer.org.mx/