In the project “HerStory of the War” women tell their personal stories about the the Russian-Ukrainian war in Ukraine. They share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, losses and tell about their life destroyed by the war. The aim of the project is to create an online anthology of women’s stories about the war.
Here you can visit the virtual project: www.gendermuseum.com
The exhibition features audio stories, videos, pictures, and art projects of Ukrainian women. 30 audio and video stories in Ukrainian and 70 written stories (30 stories in Ukrainian and English and 40 only in Ukrainian) from different women united by the wish for peace.
The stories are told by
- women who live in different towns and villages in different regions of Ukraine;
- female refugees, who are forced to leave Ukraine and live in new realities in different countries;
- women in war zones who face horrific persecution, including rape, discrimination, starvation, and loss of their homes;
- military women who fight together with men against the Russian army;
- volunteers, artists, doctors, teachers etc.
The project was realized by the nongovernmental organization “Centre of Gender Culture” (Ukraine, Kharkiv) www.genderculturecentre.org with support of the Ukrainian Women’s Fund.
Partner: the nongovernmental organization “Postdrama.ua” (Ukraine, Lviv)
YouTube playlist “War in Ukraine”:
The variant of the exhibition with an introduction in Spanish is on the site of the Women’s Museum of Costa Rica.
Tetiana Isaieva, the Director of the Museum of Women’s and Gender History (Gender Museum)
+38-050-403-13-25 (Whatsapp, Viber, Telegram)