IAWM is a strong network of museums worldwide, meeting every four years to exchange ideas, connect with one another, and support our collective efforts to tell women’s stories. Working collaboratively, IAWM has six key goals.
- To promote culture, arts, education and training from a gender perspective;
- To foster exchange, networking, mutual support and global cooperation among Women’s Museums;
- To conduct research and the development of projects, exhibitions, new initiatives, community activities, seminars and conferences;
- To promote and strengthen the acceptance of Women’s and Gender Museums worldwide;
- To achieve international recognition in the world of museums; and
- To advocate for women’s rights and a gender democratic society.
Click the buttons below to learn more about us.
Support Our Work
IAWM is funded by membership dues and donations from supporters like you. Please consider making a gift in support of our goals by clicking the button below.