Exhibition within the framework of the conference
Feminist Pedagogy: Museums, Memorials and Practices of Remembrance
I. Asian and European conference of women’s museums
18 – 20 October 2018, Istanbul
During the conference an exhibition will be organised curated by Women’s Museum Istanbul in cooperation with Sabanci University.
The connection between the conference and the exhibition:
The exhibition will
(Working) title of the exhibition
“Remembering violent history without showing violence”
The exhibition seeks answers to the following questions:
First Text (600 – 800 characters, including spaces)
– What was the (social or political) problem the original exhibition (which the picture comes from) wanted to address?
– What was the answer the original exhibition tried to give to the problem?
– What role did the picture sent to Istanbul (or its content, object depicted etc.) play in this context?
Second Text (600 – 800 characters, including spaces)
Personal reflections about the visitors’ social learning in the original exhibition:
– Which individual or collective experiences and knowledge could be registered?
– How did visitors actively participate?
Deadline of sending the contributions 31 July 2018
Further information firstname.lastname@example.org